Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panagor 28mm f/2.5, worth buying?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Panagor 28mm f/2.5, worth buying? Reply with quote

I can get a Panagor 28/2,5 locally, in excellent condition. The seller wants to have 30 euros. Is this a decent lens (I know that Panagor lenses were made by various manufacturers), and is this a decent price? The focal length would be very nice for my purpose (gives a 40mm FOV on my Canon DSLR). Thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Panagor were made by Kino Precision (aka Kiron in the States) until the late 80's/early 90's when Kino went out of business. At that point, Tokina made the Panagor label lenses...I believe the 28mm F2.5 is a Kino made optic that is a decent lens, but the price is just a tad high IMHO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have and use the Panagor (Kiron-Kino Precision Industries, made) 24mm ƒ/2.5 lens. It's a very good lens.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is very common underthe label Vivitar ... Very good optic , a bit under the tamron 2,5/28 . I have the Vivitar one and an "Admiral" copy which is physically identical to the Panagor .However, I think the price is on the high level here . Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's not cheap. But having a "fast" 28mm is always nice. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Yes, it's not cheap. But having a "fast" 28mm is always nice. Wink

I let it pass, and I'll wait until a better offer comes by Smile

Thanks all for your info!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a new offer ... to buy the lens plus a skylight filter for 25 euros. According to the seller, the filter has always been on the lens. It does look near mint on the pictures indeed.

Let's see if I can bring that down to 20 euros ... that would make it interesting for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kiron 28mm f/2 and 24mm f/2 are pretty good too.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeyore, is that the lens found on Marktplaats and Fotoapparatuur.nl located in Amsterdam? I can't find it on Marktplaats anymore. Placed a bid a while ago, to see what would happen, but never received a message, stating that it was too low etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DikkieDick wrote:
Eeyore, is that the lens found on Marktplaats and Fotoapparatuur.nl located in Amsterdam? I can't find it on Marktplaats anymore. Placed a bid a while ago, to see what would happen, but never received a message, stating that it was too low etc.

Hi,

No, not in Amsterdam, but yes, in Noord-Holland. Just curious, how much did you bid?

Johan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johan,

7,50 euros. So that would be not too much. But usually a seller might respond saying f.e. that's too low, and then we could make a deal maybe. The ad stated bidding (if I'm not mistaken).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DikkieDick wrote:
Johan,

7,50 euros. So that would be not too much. But usually a seller might respond saying f.e. that's too low, and then we could make a deal maybe. The ad stated bidding (if I'm not mistaken).

I must admit that I usually don't respond to very low bids as well. My experience is that many sellers do the same, btw.

Were you looking specifically to that lens? I was just looking for a good 28mm M42 lens for on my "new" film camera. So if you want to trade the Paragon for something comparable, that might be fine for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johan,
not specifically. I'm trying to collect some nice old lenses. Should also be Nikon-mount. But I'm a little bit quiet now. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DikkieDick wrote:
Johan,
not specifically. I'm trying to collect some nice old lenses. Should also be Nikon-mount. But I'm a little bit quiet now. Wink

This one is M42 mount Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Johan, I have this lens in M42 version. Bought mine for Euro 5,00 at the "Zwarte Markt" in Beverwijk. In my opinion 30 Euros might be a bit overpriced. But perhaps I was lucky then (2008). Regards Cliff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the lens for 20 euros plus shipping. It's in excellent condition! and it's on my recently acquired Spotmatic now. Wide enough for me Smile

5 euros sounds like a steal Laughing but to me it looks worth 20 euros (in this condition) as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is more important that you are satisfied with your new buy. Have fun and take lots of pictures. By the way my Panagor is still on a Fujica ST801 which I used at the "Havendagen" in Rotterdam last year. Roll is still in, shame on me. I went there complete analog. Fujica ST 801 and Pentax SP500 body. Lenses Panagor 2.5/28, Takumar 2.0/50 and Eyemik a.k.a Porst 1.8/135. It was great fun among all the digital shooters.

Regards, Cliff