Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Found some good leather lens pouches, finally.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Found some good leather lens pouches, finally. Reply with quote

You know, its one of those things you don't think much about until you can't find them. When I bought my FA31, I used the leather bag all the time. Just a little buffer and peace of mind for the good glass. I ended up sharing that pouch around quite a bit for whatever lens was riding shotgun in the camera bag until I sold my 31. Then I realized there wasn't much out there in the way of after-market fitted leather bags for lenses. Having the pouch fit the lens means the lens still fits the bag, so I was very pleased to find this guy.

He's based in Hong Kong and among other things, makes custom sheep skin leather pouches for under $20/piece. He offered me a deal when I ordered 5 of them for various lenses and shipping was free.

I'm not affiliated with this fellow, but I was pretty happy to find his product, and service was top notch.

eBay Store - oneoscom: Bag for lens:

My new pouches and some shiny classics I want to keep shiny and classic.

The inside is a slick, soft nylon - no fibers = happy lenses.

yay!

Kelly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HOW many CONTAINERS do you want to order?

I can get this kind of stuff any time.
Btw ... the ones on your pics seems to be a little thin and won't give much protection.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300,

What kind of prices, shipping to USA ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HOW many CONTAINERS do you want to order?

I can get this kind of stuff any time.
Btw ... the ones on your pics seems to be a little thin and won't give much protection.

Hey, good for you. Tip: The camera bag provides the protection, the pouches prevent dust and scratching.

These pouches are just right for my uses. In fact, two of these 2-ply pouches, side by side offer a level of buffer I'm ok with to take out the dividers in my bag.

What the heck, might as well post a pic of this too now -

On the left, the Biotar and Trioplan. In the middle, the K10 w/T*85. On the right, the T*25 & Nokton w/hoods on.

One of the smaller Tamracs. Very compact. (I removed the labels)

Kelly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
hk300,

What kind of prices, shipping to USA ?

Which sizes do you require?
e.g .what lens length / diameter?

They have many different sizes!
I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thePiRaTE!! wrote:

Hey, good for you. Tip: The camera bag provides the protection, the pouches prevent dust and scratching.

These pouches are just right for my uses. In fact, two of these 2-ply pouches, side by side offer a level of buffer I'm ok with to take out the dividers in my bag.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
Everyone has his/her own way of carrying lenses around. I typically do not use a camera bag, but put my lenses in my 'normal' backpack.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use these ones ... they come in 4-5 different sizes / lengths.