Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rexatar 135mm 3.5, a pleasant surprise
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Rexatar 135mm 3.5, a pleasant surprise Reply with quote

I bought this lens for $5 plus shipping to participate in the cheap lens challenge and was pleasantly surprised with the results. For the price, the image quality seems very satisfactory. Post processing is limited to some contrast boosting and some modest cropping. Bear in mind that I am an average amateur photographer and these are test shots taken around my home and in my community. My skills are not up to the level of many of the sample images I see on this forum.

The lens has a T mount, preset, 10 aperture blades and is very compact. It is the middle lens amongst the three pictured. The first (Isco) and third (Super-Tak) are the other most compact 135/3.5 lenses that I own.

I had planned to use this for the challenge and then promptly resell but I believe I will keep it around for awhile longer to see what it can do under varying conditions. I live in an area with very bright sunlight most of the time. Outdoor shots were mostly between f 8-16, indoor were wide open.

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a mediocre lens can shine when used properly. Lovely pics!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very kind. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very respectable, did you correct for CA(PF) in the car pic?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Looks very respectable, did you correct for CA(PF) in the car pic?

No PP at all on that one. For some of the others, I tweaked contrast a bit but not too much.