Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker Berlin Votar 135/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Piesker Berlin Votar 135/3.5 Reply with quote

After two-day falling in love. Just because it looks very rare and very nice. Maybe I went nuts.

Of course I made a long research here at MFL Forums but rather about Piesker lenses in general, couldn't almost find a line about Votar. Which intrigued me.

I believe luisalegria has a long-term weak spot for them? Very Happy Seemed to me to be pretty sharp lenses with solid f overall. One of the very few clues led to TaoBao being sold higher in far poorer, not-near-to-mint-at-all condition. So I acted.

Wasn't exactly cheap but very far from Biotar 75 level either. And still not shipped so I really can't say hooray yet.

I won today auctioned Telemegor 150/5.5 as well, at 2.30 pm. Sold the very same item at 11 pm to a friend with some small profit Very Happy

Lets bring on the Votar butterflies Very Happy !

Marek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 135 in Exakta but I haven't actually used it yet.
The 180 is not bad at all, sharper than the Meyer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not a good practise to sell a lens before you get the replacement IMHO. Cool

P.S. My old thread on this lens is here http://forum.mflenses.com/piesker-picon-135mm-f3-5-on-nex-5n-in-oriental-style-t64688,highlight,%2Bpiesker.html .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a cool 180mm version of Telemegor (a bit problematic piece though) and I'd expect pretty similar results for 150mm one. I guess I'll re-buy it once anyway, but preferably in prewar, not postwar version at least to have one mechanically very different. A friend of mine really wanted the lens and the transfer made me like +€13 so I decided this way.

Thanks for re-posting Tele Picon 135mm gallery (I guess partly for me), the results are surprisingly good and the bokeh ain't bad at all. Still, mine is Tele Votar and not Tele Picon that seems to be much more common and therefore cheaper.

Since I more or less count on to be re-funded by the lost Tele-Tessar 250mm seller, I found a solid replacement for my lost Tele-Tessar at the very same seller for the lowest prize I've seen so far, so the whole think didn't end up that bad for me overall...