Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon 21mm f/3.5 M42 Lens (with Sample Photo)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Chinon 21mm f/3.5 M42 Lens (with Sample Photo) Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have one very satisfying lens for my M42 screwmount SLR bodies I don't often see mentioned on the Internet these days: the Chinon 21mm f/3.5. While not quite as wide as the Flektogon 20mm (which I don't own), it's still one of the widest M42 lenses I know of.

Here is a sample shot taken with it on negative film. (Automated scan.)

Last edited by arvatoth on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinon 21mm f/3.5 M42 Lens (with Sample Photo) Reply with quote

arvatoth wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have one very satisfying lens for my M42 screwmount SLR bodies I don't often see mentioned on the Internet these days: the Chinon 21mm f/3.5. While not quite as wide as the Flektogon 20mm (which I don't own), it's still one of the widest M42 lenses I know of.

Here is a sample shot taken with it on negative film. (Automated scan.)

Nice to see you here !

I have this lens too and love it, great lens! Beautiful place , well photographed! Can you show pictures from lens itself ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinon 21mm f/3.5 M42 Lens (with Sample Photo) Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Nice to see you here !

I have this lens too and love it, great lens! Beautiful place , well photographed! Can you show pictures from lens itself ?

+1
...also would like to see lens pics.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this lens before. I'm actually looking for a nice wide m42 lens. Of course I want the Flek but I might have to settle for something else until I save up the discretionary income.

How much does this lens go for these days?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same lens optically as Yashica ML 21/3.5. Actually Tomioka
OEMed this to Chinon. It is slightly cheaper than ML 21mm due to its name.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot of this lens, which I took sometime after I had purchased it. (I really need to get around to taking a proper product shot - this one, as far as I can remember, was taken by simple window light.)

There are a few more photos taken with it in my ultrawides gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/arva_toth/ultrawides

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice finish. From photos I most like Lake Hámor. Really efficient angle. Can't wait till I get something similiar.